Game sense is a participant-centred approach to learning that engages participants in fun, modified games that promote the development of both skills and tactics, or ‘thinking players’. Game sense underpins the Playing for All approach adopted by Special Olympics Australia.
- Decision making and problem-solving
- Communicating and collaboration
- Inclusion and challenge
- Small-sided games that allow for high involvement
- Games with modified rules, area, and equipment
- Simple modifications to promote inclusion and challenge
- Questioning to challenge participants and prompt understanding